I know I'm a couple of days late, but Happy Father's Day! I realize more and more as each year passes how incredibly thankful I am for my own father and his influence in my life. Throughout my life, my dad has been a constant of love and grace. And that's not something many girls can say. He changed diapers and put me to bed, coached little my league games (even though let's be honest, I was terrible), went on school field trips, led me to Christ and baptized me, pulled pranks on my favorite stuffed animal (JoJo!), moved me into college (and several times home and back), gave me away to my precious husband, married Robbie and I, was with us when Parker was born, and as a grown woman with my own family still texts and calls me several times a week. I just adore him. He loves Jesus and has served him his whole life. That's my dad.
And I married a great dad too (I totally knew he would be great!). I love that Robbie is just as active in Parker's life as I am. We are a team. Robbie feeds him, wakes up with him, bathes him (which usually leads to my bathroom floor being soaked), plays with him, teaches him, reads to him, and prays with him. Sorry if I'm bragging here, but that's what your are supposed to do on Father's Day. I just got blessed enough by God's grace to marry this man! We had a really great time celebrating Robbie's 1st Father's Day and spending some time together.
And I have to post these because wherever Robbie or "da-da" is, there is Parker. He watches whatever his dad is doing, especially if it involves power-tools (Robbie is installing cabinet locks in our kitchen since you-know-who is into everything and I cannot bear another ER trip anytime soon). Also note that big boy standing all by himself.
That's what being a daddy is about!
Awww!! Daddy's little helper..even if he doesn't realize that this means he can't get in the cabinets anymore..
ReplyDeleteSuch a big boy (Parker, that is)!!! He's absolutely adorable, and I'm always so happy to see new pictures and get a glimpse of what a happy little family you guys have! You and Robbie are amazing parents. Can't wait to see you guys again. We love and miss y'all!
ReplyDelete