Robbie and I are happy to share that our bundle of joy William Parker Allen is finally here!
Parker arrived on July 25 at 6:32pm. He weighed 7lbs 15oz and was 22 inches long. He is beautiful and healthy, and we love him more than we even thought we could.
His birth happened in a whirlwind of a weekend...we went in on Friday morning for a check up at 39 weeks and 1 day. There was a concern about my blood pressure, and I had started contractions on my own (started very irregular the night before) so we were admitted to the hospital Friday around 11:00am. Friday was filled with phone calls to family and friends and excitement that our bundle of joy would hopefully arrive soon. After just a little progress on Friday, the doctor started me on Pitocin on Saturday around 6am. I labored all day and finally the doctor made the call to do a cesarean delivery Saturday evening to ensure a healthy mom and baby. Robbie and I were disappointed for me to have a c-section, but had a lot of trust in the doctor and nurses who had given us such great care, and more importantly truly trusted God to give them and us wisdom. From the moment we walked into the hospital, God was in that place. Each one of our nurses were believers and such encouragers to us on our journey... it was truly a God-filled amazing experience! And we did get that healthy baby by the end of Saturday... with lots of family and friends there with us to celebrate his arrival.
We brought Parker home on Tuesday morning and have been loving life with him since. Before I start posting pictures to show off my handsome son, let me just share a bit of my heart because it is full. I have so many wonderful and blessed experiences in my life but this one tops them all. The day we brought Parker home I rocked him in his nursery and was overwhelmed that just days before this little life was in my womb. My life will never be the same.
The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. Helen Keller
What a great post (see...you're great at this blogging thing)!!!! I cannot wait to meet little Parker! Glad you guys are doing well. All my love, Laura
ReplyDelete