Saturday, May 16, 2009

28th Birthday


Showing off my belly - and the birthday present I got from Robbie (check the neck and ears!)


Robbie took me out on a great birthday date!




I feel like I can't let it go without writing about my 28th birthday this week. It's a different feeling having a birthday when you're pregnant - not better or worse - just different. Maybe it's because there are a million other things on your mind and getting one year older doesn't seem like all that big of a deal, but somehow it just seemed different. What I got was a reminder about how all the people in my life and all the "ordinary" things make life so extraordinary. I know that seems cliche to even say, but for me this year it was especially true. I really feel overwhelmed with blessings when I think of all the meaningful relationships in my life that truly made my 28th birthday special. It has made me all the more excited to bring little Parker into this world so he too can know all the people that have made our life so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment