Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hard Habit to Break

Well it's been a little while since I've posted, mostly because there is just too much to say. But I decided to start somewhere, and spread some of the joy we've had the past couple of weeks. In the midst of pain and healing, there has been alot to celebrate! So, here goes:

1) My first Mothers Day! Breakfast in bed, then a picnic lunch, and three knockout rose bushes for my kitchen window. And most importantly I got to spend time with my favorite boys (all three of them).




2) I turned 29. And am not feeling as old as I thought would. Thank goodness. I got another weekend of sweet treatment (back to back weekends of mothers day and birthday... poor Robbie). He arranged for Parker to spend the night with GiGi and Grand-D so we went on a date night: dinner at Bonefish Grille (bang bang shrimp, please) and to see Chicago in concert. So fun. But my favorite part, you will see below, a great swing for my back porch. We have already LOVED it.




3) One more "happy"... I officially am a LPC! That's Licensed Professional Counselor and it basically means I've sweated 3,000 clock hours of counseling and passed my licensing exam in Alabama so I can do private practice. But I love where I am (The Enrichment Center... www.theenrichmentcenter.org) and truly love being able to make a difference in the lives of people. I am so thankful God put this calling on my life.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your LPC!! That's awesome!! Glad you had a great birthday & Mother's day!! The pictures of Parker are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many congratulations --- especially on the LPC!!! You guys look so happy --- I'm so proud of everything going on for you guys --- you truly deserve it!!! Happy Birthday, Mother's Day, and LPC! Love the swing - it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parker is getting so big and you look absolutely beautiful! I wish I could actually get my hands on lil Parker for myself! Why do we have to live so far away? You and your entire family have been on my heart! I pray for continuing healing and comfort for each of you. Please can we have a phone date? I really wish though we could have some time together in person. I miss you so much!

    Anna Lee

    ReplyDelete